Monday, December 15, 2014

What Motivates Me

Ever have days when lying in bed watching Arrow (currently obsessed) on Netflix sounds much more appealing that working out? Me too. Here are some things that get my butt out of bed and moving.

theBERRY

theBerry is the sister website/app to theCHIVE and it is geared more toward women. My favorite category is Daily Motivation. I always look at the DaMo while eating my pre-workout snack. Here are a few of my favorites from theBerry:



Blogs

Reading other blogs from people with the same interest is a huge motivator for me. As I've mentioned before, I like to read on the treadmill and blogs are my current favorite to read. My favorite blog right now is The Fit Switch. We don't have much in common besides loving fitness, but does there really need to be more? She is a great writer and I love getting emails that she has a new post!

Magazines

I mean what runner doesn't like Runner's World? They always have tips, workouts, and inspiring stories. Today I finally got my iPad hooked up to get Runner's World and a bunch of other magazines free through the state library (thanks to Miss Johnson's help!). 

Pinterest

Scrolling through the Health & Fitness category can usually give me an extra push to go workout. I also love finding healthy recipes on Pinterest (I am a foodie :)). 

New Workout Clothes/Gear

I am a girl, so I am wired to like shopping (c'mon, we all enjoy shopping for something). My favorite thing to shop for is workout clothes, ask my mom; we can't go to Scheels without me browsing the athletic section. Even if it is something as simple as a new headband, I am so excited to workout with it. If I buy new running shoes, I am usually aching to get home to try them out! This can be an expensive motivation tool, but it doesn't have to be. I always look at the clearance rack (just because it's not "in style" anymore doesn't mean it won't serve its purpose!) Target and JCPenny also have some good workout clothes. 

My Fitbit

My mom bought me a Fitbit a few months ago and I absolutely love it! It is amazing to see how many steps a short 3 mile run is (wish I would've had it for my half training) and how inactive I am during the school day. If I wasn't running daily, I would only be getting in about 2,000 steps a day. It kind of bothers me that it is a standard that to learn we must sit. When I have a career someday I will definitely have a standing desk.

Those who cannot run

I am so blessed to have two legs that I can run on whenever I please. There are so many people out there that would give anything to run and here I am some days loathing about having to run. I don't HAVE to run, I GET to run. Remembering that I have a healthy heart, functioning lungs, and able muscles to get me through a workout is motivation enough. 

Myself

I can have all of the external forcing working to motivate me, but there needs to be some fire within. At the end of the day, no one is there forcing me workout. I have to motivate myself whether it is the promise of a treat or knowing I will get that endorphin rush as soon as I complete my workout, I am the one who says "I am going to crush this!" 

What motivates you? Comment below; it might just be my newest form of motivation as well!

Linked up on The Fit Dish!

Katelynn
xx

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! <3 I discovered The Fit Switch fairly recently too, but am super happy that I did! The Fit Dish is a fun linkup to be a part of. :]!

    Pinterest is definitely an awesome time sink--I've pretty much made peace with the fact that I'm never going to be able to make all the recipes I've pinned on there, but one can dream! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Fit Dish is a fun place to find some cool blogs! I am excited to read all the others that are linked up!

      Delete
  2. This list rules! And, I loved the 'those who cannot run' part. Such a good point. I remember whining about being pregnant a few years ago, and then I saw someone who could barely walk. I shut up. Being pregnant lasts 9 months...not a lifetime.
    I JUST won a fitbit at our work party. So excited to start using it.
    And, thanks so much for the shout out. The fact that you said I'm your fave completely made my day! I yelled it to Chad while he was in the bathroom. haha. Take care, Katelynn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I could make your day! Thanks for checking out my blog :)

      Delete
  3. I love my fitbit too! In fact, I am about to upgrade it from the flex to the new ChargeHR since we are getting a discount at work on them. Definitely motivating! And thanks for letting me know about theBerry, I will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have the flex, but it would be so much more convenient to have it double as a watch like the Charge!

      Delete