Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Morning I Didn't Go Back To Sleep

Happy Tuesday Friends! My senioritis prevented me for not posting anything for only ten days! (I didn't go MIA again ;) ) 

Ever wonder how to make yourself hate your favorite song? Set it as your alarm clock tone. 

Waking up early seems to be a dreaded theme in America. Personally, I like getting up early and being productive to get a head start on the day. 



This morning at about 4:45 when my alarm I did not want to get up. I didn't want to do my 6-mile interval run. I wanted nothing more than to stay under my cocoon of blankets and close my eyes for another two hours. I rationalized the thought of staying in bed; "I didn't get much sleep," "my throat has been a little sore lately," "why even workout if it won't be good quality because I am tired?"

I even bartered with myself as I stepped on to the treadmill "I'll do my easy 3 miles today and then do today's workout tomorrow." Then I looked over to my motivation board and saw one of my favorite, slightly inappropriate quotes. 



I was slacking and I needed that brought to my attention. People always tell me that they wish they had my motivation to workout. But I really don't always have it. Sometimes Most of the time I have to start without an ounce of motivation. 

I am so pleased that I didn't listen to my inner lazy girl. 

I had the best run this morning. My legs felt fresh, my head clear, and my shoes extremely comfortable (is this weird? nah.) The half mile "fast" intervals went by so quickly and I accidentally went over them a few times. Just reading too many good blogs on the 'mill!

When I have a productive morning workout, I am bound to have a productive day. I surprisingly got a lot of homework done in school today, which is rare lately with my recent diagnosis of senioritis. haha. It is a real thing!

I felt so energized that I was whipping out handstands after a softball practice full of sliding.

 
Lesson learned.

Wake up early and workout. Even if the first 10 minutes are absolute H-E-double hockey sticks. Push through it. Suffer a small amount to reap the bountiful benefits. It will be worth it to have a much less stressful day thinking about when that workout can be rescheduled. 

Today, to get back into the swing of blogging I am linking up on The Fit Dish with Jessica Joy and Jill Conyers

Katelynn

2 comments:

  1. I love early mornings. My favorite time of day is 4:00 a.m. I'm always glad when I don't listen to my inner lazy :)

    Thanks for linking up and sharing with the #fitfam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you enough how much I loved this post. I love that we got to take that relatable journey with you, with the oh so familiar excuses that you completely pummeled! So happy you had an amazing run!!! Thanks for the inspiration..this post will def be on my mind this week. : )

    ReplyDelete