Monday, October 19, 2015

Fargo Mini Marathon

I thought the Bismarck Marathon was going to be my last half marathon for the year, but I had to fit in just one more. Luckily I now live in a town with races often and the Fargo Mini Marathon was so convenient that I signed up just a few days after the Bismarck Half. 



The Bismarck Half was such a good race for me that I knew I probably wasn't going to PR in Fargo, especially since I wasn't training at a high intensity. I used a run/walk strategy again, but my time was a little slower.

The didn't like that there were not bags at the packet pick up. I would've looked around at the little expo if my hands weren't full since I picked up Kensley's bib and shirt too. They did give out those heat/ice packs with the little ball things inside, so I was pretty excited about that. 

Pre-race was crowded and the line up was messy, but I suppose that is hard to organize inside. The course was okay. I don't like running head to head, because it just reminds me how many people are ahead of me and how few behind me, haha. The course also seemed like a lot of cement and my legs definitely felt it. 




"The uphills are a lot harder than the downhills" - Kensley

There was an opportunity for a double race. Whatever distance and then a 5k after. Kensley was so excited about finishing the half in Bismarck with me and wanted to "do the whole thing next time" so we arranged that she'd do the 5k after the half with me. She did absolutely great and outran me at times. We started 5 minutes late and still were not last! She got her very own medal and I really hope she grows up being a runner.

Have you seen a happier 5 yr old at 6 am?!
The medals were pretty neat; a wooden pendant in the shape of a leaf. Perfect for a fall race.


My mom brought Kensley and we got to have a fun girls' weekend.

 
LOL fail - mine ended up being a youth size

bedtime stories
shopped 'til we dropped (didn't take long)
 I was sad to go back to class today after such a fun weekend. I miss them both already. Visit again soon!

Have you ever done a double race?
What about sleeping in a twin size bed with a 5 year old?

Thanks for reading!

xx
katelynn

No comments:

Post a Comment