Monday, October 12, 2015

How to Create a Vision Board

Some have a motivation board that when they look at it, it reminds them their fitness and health goals. I have something similar and I'm going to share some tips on how to create one for yourself!


Instead of a purely fitness or running orientated board, mine is a vision for my future. It encompasses goals from my academic life as well as my running and personal life. When I look at my board, I am reminded of how far I have come and what I have yet to accomplish.

Here's how to create your own:


Find a space you see daily

I didn't have many options as where to put mine in my dorm, but I am at my desk often and I can see it every time I walk in. A wall in a home office, inside the bathroom door, or even in the garage are all good options. Put it wherever you will see it often, but maybe somewhere somewhat private so it is still special to you personally. Mine at home was in my workout room right next to my beloved treadmill, that I am missing dearly while away (don't tell the Wellness Center treadmills that though ;) ). 



Separate it from the rest of the wall

Taping quotes and pictures to a wall randomly can get messy. Create a boarder (see what I did there?). At home I had a large chalkboard wall sticker. I didn't know how that'd fare on a dorm wall and I'll only be here for 7 more months, so I went with some gold washi tape. A hanging cork board would work too! 


Find what inspires and motivates you

What gets you to make sh*t happen? Is it a medal from a past race, a quote, a picture of loved ones? Find whatever inspires you in tangible form and can be taped to a wall, then put it on your vision board! Mine right now (forever growing) includes:
  • "wanderlust" art to remind me that the world is mine to explore
  • a calendar  for obvious purposes
  • NDSU graduation tassel that we were given the first week of school to remind me that I will get my degree in 3 years here
  • a wolf and lion that I doodled to remind me to be aggressive and take what I deserve (only rightfully of course) 
  • two little quotes to remind me that I have terrible handwriting the tools I need to crush my goals
  • a letter from mom from the first week of school to remind me of the love I have supporting me
  • medal and bib from my most recent half marathon (not for long - 5 days until Fargo Mini!) to remind me that I have accomplished goals I once thought I could not
  • a running quote to remind me to run? haha
  • a name tag with my major to remind me that I'm going to have a great and successful career



What inspires you for your education/career?
What motivates you to live a healthy life?

Thanks for reading!

xx
katelynn

No comments:

Post a Comment